thats a lot of numbers and know i want to know how much a polar bear weigh
I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm just gonna watch you guys do your thing because i have no idea about morse codes or binary and definitely how you reached poe (whoever that is) from a strange coulouring of numbers that (i assume) then turned into a B/W sketch of a man when put in notepad. That's some hocus pocus stuff right there imo.
Hey, did you guys know that Poe was into cryptography for a hot second? He showcased his interest in a story titled, “The Gold-Bug.” I feel like this is related, but I don’t know if it’s actively helpful.
There was some blue text in the most recent post,
Jerry said "I can’t find the bugs anywhere, dude.” with no context.
So it looks like you're onto something
With that I think the're just referring to hidden cameras
When I googled the mansion of madness it brought up a mexican film loosely based off of a Poe short story, the system of doctor tarr and professor fether
Hold on, be right back. Gotta go grab some more Plot Thickener, were fresh out.
regarding the non existent book it may be nothing, but I used to play with some friends to a roleplay board game called “the mansion of madness”. It was based on Lovecraft lore and the characters had to investigate a series of mysteries in order to prevent the opening of a portal. During the investigations, the characters gradually lost healt and/or sanity points.
Could it be that there is a game/roleplay based on Agatha Christie works called “the basilisk stare”?
what are we trying to solve what's the big picture
@Danilo v i think we will have a better idea of the big picture as time passes. For now what I thing we know is this:
- the distinction between dream and reality can not be trusted. You can’t even trust your eyes most of the time.
- something dangerous is lurking just outside of our vision
- something bad could be hidden inside the manor and it’s trying its damnest to maike itself known (the telltale heart, the black cat stories from Poe)
- and let’s not forget Lovecraft and all the lore and implications he brings with him. Old gods, eldritch horrors, insanity, cults. Look out for the tentacles!
strictly related to the story and it’s characters:
- Maggie is either a really old Ninja or she springs out of the floor when she wants to talk to someone
- Loren is either an overprotective bitch or something really bad appened to her and her sister. Worth noting that she has a butterfly tattoo AND a butterfly knife
- The man of the ”happy” couple has a gun hidden somewhere. That and the fact that they really look like they are trying very hard to pose as the perfect postcard couple stinks like a pig farm (if you ever seen one you know what I mean...)
- Nathaniel is either a psy or he’s not really blind (the eyes again!!) and the comparison with a walrus has me thinking that just like walruses he’s way more dangerous that his appearence let on. wort noting that walruses have a really poor eyesight. And if Alice in wonderland has taught me anything it’s not to trust walruses.
- Someone took Jack backpack and deliberately put it in Hope’s room.
- Hope looks like she has a dead star fish’s motherly instinct. She doesn’t know her son is a little criminal and she managed somehow to assume that Jack and Jerry could be a good influence for him. But only if they weren’t banging each other so hmHope is a frigging Bigot with a capital B.
- Jerry is nowere to be found. He could be taking a piss, or he could be lost in a horror filled labyrinth... or he could be taking a piss while lost in a horror filled labyrinth...
the things I did not mention are way more than the things I did mention. Help me please with this recap 😂
oh, and male polar bears weight 450kg while females can range between 250kg and 350kg. I seriously hope it is not enough to break the ice, or they will all drown really quickly...
almost forgot, great job everyone!
Poe was mentioned in chapter ten “the kings lunacy” by Edgar Allen Poe. He mentioned that he would love to read it but it wasn’t a real title.
random guess but maybe the article of the woman who went missing has to relate to the older lady running the home? a man wanting to be free (butterfly- a free creature) from the marriage asks for a divorce (such as in where the woman has a break down from her husband asking for a divorce then goes missing.) but in this case, the lady went crazy and murder her husband (like in the tell-tale-heart where the dude murders the old guy then sticks him under the floorboards.) but instead she sticks him in a taxidermy polar bear
i dont know that just how i was able to put it together in my head
Polar bear was mentioned in the Story, the taxidermy and in the old mans ice breaker... but butterflies and Poe haven’t....
wild absolutely wild so far the clues we have are the butterfly poem for part 1 I'm still not sure about the polar bear for part 2 and part 3 clue is poe .......................and that notanending what was that about
now this could be anythin, how many murder stories does Poe have? H.P was mentioned but not Poe...???
Convert the text from hex to ascii, paste the output in a notepad type document
Convert the text from hex to ascii, paste the output in a notepad type document word docs are too small
I’ve recruited my step dad who does codes for the military hopefully he can help 😅
lets go here
I was thinking of printing the page out and coloring it like 40 black 2f green etc. to see if its like a picture or something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne09SpesUM4 us trying to find the answer
@Danilo v good coloring then! When I tried to paste it on a word doc it came out 5 pages long 😂 so maybe you eill have to reduce the dimensions of the characters 🤔 let us know the results!!
@Butler I already printed them out. I'm about to start coloring 😂wish me luck.
@Danilo v ahahahaha I’ll be cheering for you all the way from here! Buona fortuna e buon lavoro! Good luck and neat work!
I tried counting how many of each character there are in the whole thing... and then putting them in order from the most recurring to the least recurring... but it still doesn’t make any sense...
I can’t shake the feeling that we are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Maybe the numbers are simbols? Or maybe they form a picture?
The results of my futile work 😂
ok so wolf give u the code for numeric one that give u a lot of numbers i bellive its ascii code but wen i translate it it gives me a bunch of symbols any one have any ideas
@Danilo v the translation of the binary code is teeth. That’s the password needed to open the last link...
then there’s a “don’t press this button” and a ton of numbers and letters. when i clicked and all those numbers appeared i thought: yeah, i shouldn’t have pressed the damn button. Wtf is that ton of numbers 😩
@Butler i though it was ascii or hexadecimals seems the characters Mach but no dice so far